University of Amsterdam
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is an intellectual hub with over 30,000 students, 3,000 PhD researchers, and 6,000 staff from 100 different nationalities. Our mission is to educate tomorrow's leaders, conduct cutting-edge research and translate our research results into applications that can benefit society.
The University of Amsterdam is striving to become a place where staff and students feel at home, regardless of their individual backgrounds. We want everyone connected to the UvA to develop to their full potential, and to use their unique personality, background and talents to enhance the identity of our university. There is a recognition that much more can be done to promote equity, inclusion and diversity issues, and currently a window of opportunity has opened. This includes the appointment of Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) Dr Anne de Graaf.
We are seeking a management assistant who can perform in and serve all departments of the Executive Staff. The first position will be to support and help manage the CDO team of four, as well as provide various administrative and coordinating services.
As management assistant you:
- manage the CDO calendar and deadlines;
- are responsible for systematically prioritizing and answering email correspondence in Dutch as well as in English;
- manage the CDO Team website and mailbox;
- are the first point of contact for CDO Team, faculty diversity officers and Chief Diversity Officer;
- are responsible for answering and prioritizing requests;
- manage the CDO Team schedule and are responsible for the entire back office;
- organize occasional coffees, teas and lunches.
We expect you to:
- be a Senior-level secretary;
- have excellent communication skills, verbal as well as written;
- be independent, able to work well in a team, self-disciplined, and discrete;
- be fluent in Dutch and have a good grasp of English;
- be experienced in organizing events;
- have excellent familiarity with MS Office and organizational systems;
- be able to work with Dropbox, and various social media;
- have affinity with diversity, inclusion and equity;
- are excited about contributing to a culture of change.
For further information please contact:
The temporary appointment will be for 38 hours per week (full-time). There will be two evaluations, the first in month 4 and the second in month 8 and upon positive evaluation and satisfactory performance, the appointment will be converted into an appointment with a permanent contract. The gross monthly salary will be in accordance with the University regulations for academic personnel and will range from €2,579 up to a maximum of €3,445 (salary scale 8). The salary is based on a full-time appointment and will be based on qualifications, expertise and on the number of years of professional experience. The annual salary will be supplemented with 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
The function description is that of Administrative Secretary 1 (salary scale 8). The UvA offers excellent possibilities for further professional development and education.
If you’re interested please send your letter and resume to M.E.J.vandenBergh@uva.nl before June 15th. The application interviews are scheduled to be held on June 24th and 25th, both days in the afternoon.
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
- Vacatures derden