Head of Events at Fabrique des Lumières (Culturespaces)
Culturespaces is looking for a Head of Events for a new venue in Amsterdam: Fabrique des Lumières. A new digital art centre following the creation of the critically acclaimed ‘Atelier des Lumières’ in Paris.
Fabrique des Lumières will open its doors in April 2022 at Westergas. We will use unique cutting-edge technology to create immersive exhibitions devoted to some of the most famous artists in the history of art. An extra exhibition space will be devoted to more contemporary works.
Culturespaces, an organisation that employs 400 employees in France, specializes in the management of historical monuments, museums and digital art centre’s. Our mission is to make culture accessible to everyone.
The organisation in Amsterdam is just starting up and we are seeking a candidate for the following position:
Head of Events
Working under the guidance of the Marketing Director of Fabrique des Lumières, your duties will consist of managing and developing all of the commercial activities and events held in Fabrique des Lumières.
- Determine the commercial policy:
- (Co-) creating the commercial offering;
- Set pricing strategy and develop the sales pitches.
- Develop the client turnover and portfolios for events and receptions:
- Identify and designate corporate targets;
- Build a network of clients through prospecting through (btob) marketing, direct sales and trade shows.
- Propose and sell solutions to the clients (companies, groups, or individuals).
- Organise and manage events:
- Set up events;
- Welcome visitors and conduct guided tours of the venues;
- Develop and monitor the animations;
- Ensure smooth event operation and happy clients.
- Ensure administrative follow-up:
- Draft estimates and invoices;
- Creation of administrative reports.
The ideal candidate is fluent in Dutch (must), English (must) and French (preferred) and holds (the equivalent of) a Masters degree in the commercial sector, events management, communication, and will have at least five years’ experience with similar responsibilities.
Your personal qualities are key in this post: you love a commercial challenge, like engaging the full team, and you are autonomous, rigorous, and committed to customer service.
Good people and editorial skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office and Eudonet software are indispensable assets for the successful completion of your tasks in this post.
What we offer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a challenging role in a dynamic work environment. You will be part of the founding team of Fabrique des Lumières, which we hope to shape into a hard working but fun, empowering and social team. Your place of work is Westergas, which is a cultural hub with a nice communal vibe. Westerpark is next door and we encourage walks during breaks or calls. We offer a permanent fulltime contract with competitive remuneration in the cultural sector.
Please send CV and motivation to email@example.com. Suitable candidates will be invited for interviews instantly.
- Vacatures derden