Director International Programs at Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland
Entrepreneurial – Strategic – Brings people together
Contribute to a world without AIDS and help fight STDs. At Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland, your talents and dedication come together.
We are at a historic turning point in the fight against AIDS. After all, we have all the knowledge at hand to defeat the AIDS epidemic for good; both in the Netherlands and the rest of the world. But it’s not a done deal yet. If we do not move the fight against AIDS into high gear now, the epidemic will continue. That cannot happen. Together with 140,000 donors and partners, such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Postcode Loterij, Aidsfonds is doing everything it can to prevent that from happening. As one of the largest private funds, we have been playing a pioneering role in the fight against AIDS for years. To put an end to AIDS, we work with local communities, conduct research and ensure that AIDS remains high on the global agenda. Soa Aids Nederland is the center of expertise in the area of STDs, HIV and sexual health.
Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland has an ambitious new strategy. Our international goals are: to reach 4 million young women and population groups at risk through prevention and testing; to ensure that 150,000 adults and 40,000 children gain access to treatment; and to increase awareness and secure financial resources for the fight against AIDS. We implement our strategy with dedicated professionals who work – directly or indirectly – for a large number of national and international programs and projects.
For our international programs department, we are looking for a
Director International Programs
Entrepreneurial – Strategic – Brings people together
(32 or 36 hours a week)
A challenging and complex job where you will be working internationally at the intersection of human rights, health and HIV / AIDS amid various political dynamics. Together with the staff of the international programs, you will be active in 15 countries and responsible for grant making, long-term advocacy processes and international collaboration. The department has a budget of € 35 million and counts 45 staff members, some of whom work abroad. The department consists of 5 teams and a number of lobbyists, policy advisors and grant coordinators. The Director International Programs is part of the Management Team, which also comprises the Manager National, Marketing and Communication, Operations Manager / Controller and the director.
- As an MT member, contribute to the implementation of the strategy of Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland and help steer the organization.
- Coach and guide 5 program leaders in managing and developing their teams and collaborating with other programs, such as marketing and the national department.
- Manage the lobbyists, policy officers and grant coordinators.
- Gain a thorough understanding of international policies and translate them into strategies, opportunities and possibilities.
- Communicate what is needed to achieve our important goals and launch new initiatives and collaborations.
- Collaborate and represent the organization within different partnerships.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, are able to bring people together, and dare to think big in order to make a real difference internationally.
- You are able to provide inspiring leadership and successfully coach professionals who work internationally.
- You are a creative and strategic thinker, with a good eye for financial interests and flows.
- You keep abreast of innovations in politics and business, and are able to use this information to achieve our goals.
- You have experience with the UN and you know how international cooperation works.
- You have an affinity with international AIDS and STD control and the protection of vulnerable groups.
- You speak several international languages fluently, and you speak and write sufficient Dutch.
Working at Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland means – together with other professionals – using your talents for a special purpose. We are an informal organization with an open culture, where the various departments are involved in each other's projects.
Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland strives for a diverse workforce with a balanced representation of men and women, ages, sexual orientations and ethnic backgrounds. People living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
We offer modern-day employment conditions with a salary between € 4,129 and 6,181 gross per month (for 36 hours). The appointment is for a year with the prospect of an extension. A full working week consists of 36 hours, but working part-time is possible. We offer 5 weeks of vacation per year (on average), a good pension scheme with Pensioenfonds Zorg en Welzijn / PGGM, and a collective health insurance policy. The year-end bonus is 8.3% and there is a possibility of following courses.
Curious or interested?
For the recruitment of a candidate for this vacancy, Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland is being supported by Colourful People. For more information about the vacancy, contact Rene Burgler, Partner at Colourful People at +31(0)6-2857 5436.
Colourful People would like to receive your application no later than 31 May 2019. The pre-selection interviews will take place in week 23. The interviews are held on June 12 and the interviews with the advisory committee on June 18. The procedure will be completed by the end of June. The intended starting date of employment is no later than 1 September 2019.
You can apply via the following link:
- Vacatures via Colourful People